At Brooklands Care Home we are committed to providing high quality care that is effective and responsive, delivered by an expert team that is well-led and supported in an environment that is safe and secure enabling residents to enjoy a better quality of life.
Here is what the Care Quality Commission (CQC) said about our home:
- One person who used the service told us, “Very friendly, always got a smile, they’re laughing, singing, cheery – you wouldn’t believe it, it’s lovely, it really is magnificent.” Another person said, “Staff always come in, upbeat and happy.”
- People told us they felt safe living at Brooklands. One person who used the service said, “I feel safe here because there is always someone around to help.” A relative we spoke with said, “I am very comfortable with the way the staff look after my relative.”
- During our inspection visit we consistently saw examples of staff’s kind, caring and respectful approach to people who used the service and others. We saw that staff were friendly, positive and polite in their work.
- Staff were equally as supportive of the management team as others. All told us they felt well supported in their roles, that the management team were approachable and that they felt valued.
- Care and support was delivered in a professional, considerate and compassionate manner. People’s dignity, privacy and confidentiality were maintained and choice was encouraged and supported. Staff understood the importance of ensuring people were in control of their own decisions.
- People spoke positively about the management of the home. They told us management were approachable, visible and forward thinking. People had confidence in them. Everyone we spoke with told us they would recommend the home.