We are always looking for individuals who have a natural talent in and passion for caring for others.
Our team members come from all walks of life, and if we find a candidate who embraces our values, we will equip them with all the training they need to excel in their roles.
We are a caring employer and are committed to developing, nurturing and rewarding our people. Testament to this is being awarded Care Employer of the Year 2015 at The Great British Care Awards.
Care Assistants, Drayton, Norfolk£7.70 per hourJob Description
We are currently recruiting for an experienced care assistant to join our care home in Drayton
- To provide the highest level of personal care (toileting, washing, bathing etc) and attention to Residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of Residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the Home.
- To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for each Resident and
administer medication to Residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
- To liaise with other care professionals relating to the care needs of the Residents.
- To always be alert to Residents – physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any accidents or changes in a Resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update Residents’ records as required.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of Resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support Residents to participate in leisure activities
as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting Residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying Resident’s room, undertaking light cleaning duties as
needed, ensure any maintenance work is reported and generally assisting in ensuring that the Carebase
Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for Residents who need assistance with feeding and dressing.
- To be an active and supportive member of the Care team, contributing to team meetings, training and development, ensuring good communication ensuring that Carebase is a friendly and supportive working environment.
Relevant facts and figures relating to the job
Key worker to designated Residents.
Formal supervision of junior staff.
This role is a team role, but with clear responsibility for specified Residents along with overseeing and supervising care teams. Clear communication with other team members is essential.
To supervise and support the care team, ensuring that Carebase’s values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
- Care and compassion.
- Respect and appreciation.
- Teamwork and enjoyment.
- Focus and best practice.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Recognition and reward.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Development and investment.
- We will sustainably fulfil our mission and vision by building a
strong financial platform.
Mandatory training is up to date.
Personal accountability for own training and development needs.
Good numeracy and literacy skills.Apply Now
A warm and friendly disposition.
Good communication skills, able to put others at ease.
A strong team worker.
Reliable and punctual.
Willingness to develop new skills.